Left with 2 Young Kids
Jacqui is only 24. She got married early to her high school sweet heart and has two young children, a house in the suburbs, a large credit card bill that she wasn't even aware of and a huge mortgage. Her husband was tragically killed in a car accident. There isn't much money coming in and Jacqui has no idea how she is going to continue to make ends meet.
Jacqui is overwhelmed with grief but is getting support from her family and friends. She has never had to deal with the finances before, she thought her husband would always be there to look after her and the kids.
She has no idea what to do or where to start and she isn't even sure how much money she actually has or where it is or even how the mortgage is paid.
Jacqui has some huge decisions to make:
- How can she get a handle on where the money is?
- How can she ever pay off the credit card bill?
- Is there a payout from her husband's superannuation that she can receive?
- Can she afford the mortage payments and day to day living expenses?
- Her husband didn't have a will - what does that mean for her and the kids?
Join Me and Money and explore the Money Program to learn about a range of approaches that Jacqui can consider to help her get back on her feet financially.